#libday6 for Thursday January 27, 2011
The thing about staying home nursing this cold is: I got plenty of time to read the accumulated unread emails in my inbox. Also read some more online articles.
- Administering ASIS&T mailing list: subscription requests, moderating posts that get stuck for moderation for whatever reason.
- Testing out off-campus access for some e-resources, either through ezproxy or the institutional login/shibboleth.
- A fellow librarian sent wide email queried about BeBook and then asked me about the accessibility aspect of it. Apparently a faculty asked him about using it to access and read our e-resources, especially ebooks. The faculty has had difficulties reading articles and ebook on his PC monitor. Unfortunately, e-ink display like that is not optimized to access our e-resources directly and read the ebooks. Refered him to our RCPD unit (Resource for Persons with Disabilities.)
- Worked a bit on ER&L website. Added the preliminary schedule.
- Helped my friend reviewed his documentation on crediting images used for an exhibition
- Well, actually, watched MobileASL Research Movie (YouTube). Fascinating.
- Google Analytic’s 127 New Dimensions And Metrics Available In The API. I must admit, we haven’t really dig into utilizing this yet at MPOW because log collection and analysis is not part of the web design process. At least not yet.
- Microsoft Research Project Hawaii and interesting class projects from various universities (via @MSFTResearch)
- Another publication Microsoft Research: The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery.